The Salvation Army in Frederick assists in many areas of social services. We make it our mission to help those in our community in need.
Some, but not all, of our social service programs are:
- Rental/Mortgage Assistance – client must have received court-ordered eviction or foreclosure papers
- Utility Assistance, such as electric and heating/gas – client must have a termination notice from the utility vendor
- Prescription Assistance – client must have a new prescription or a refill
- Temporary Motel Placement – in the case of fire or other similar local disaster, assistance can be given on a case by case basis. Client must provide proof of disaster from Red Cross or the Fire Department. Other motel placements are done on a case by case basis.
- Emergency Food Assistance – Clients must register with the local food bank before coming here to seek assistance. Food is given on a case by case basis based on emergency need after food bank has assisted. We may be able to assist with diapers, formula, and other toiletry supplies if we have those items available.
Clients must contact the local Department of Social Services to utilize other local and state funds before coming to The Salvation Army to seek assistance.
Clients can only receive assistance once in a six month period.
Appointments are recommended. Please contact our Social Worker, Morrisa Travers, for any additional information or to set-up an appointment. She can be reached at the office @ 301-662-2311 or by email at email@example.com.
The Salvation Army Family is located at 919 N. East Street in Frederick.